Music Magazine Photoshoot + Shot Explanation 2

























Second Photoshoot

The images were taken on a cold and cloudy afternoon in London.
When I decided to take another photoshoot, I thought of diversifying my selection of images with very different outfits and different meanings behind them all. I also wanted to experiment with photography in natural light and in the outdoors.

Narrative:

Image result for 90sbomber jacket and bandana
My main outfit inspiration
The narrative I tried to create behind this series of images is of a teenager that is trying very hard to be heard and understood in a world so unforgiving and angry. The anger and solid expression on her face resembles her misunderstanding of her surroundings and her dysfunctional look represents her rebellion towards the gender norms and societal pressures to be feminine. She chooses to be her own person.

With the second series of images I tried to create a more self-empowered, self-motivated version of the original character from the first Photoshoot. I wanted her to be driven by 90’s grunge looks but also very rebellious hippie fashion. She has a mind of her own and does not allow society and its unnecessary norms to define her what she thinks of herself.


These two characters are quite different but also in many ways different. They are meant to be the same person representing their different personalities and the different things they believe in and how music affects that.

Comments

Popular Posts