Music Magazine Front Cover: Edit 5

Strong African Facial Features

Creative and Design Decisions: Edit 5


The reason I chose to highlight the models facial features is to highlight and show the readers what real African Features look like.

There is a very strong stigma that comes with being an African Women which is that we are strong, very independent and we do not take anything we don’t deserve. Making men ,amongst others, afraid and very intimidated. Because of our coarse hair and dark skin people become afraid or intimidated. We are so unapologetically naturally beautiful that we laugh at those who think they look better when they hide it. I don’t see beauty in clothing. I don’t see beauty through European eyes. I see My Beauty through my heritage and my culture.


That is the story behind this design.

Comments

Popular Posts